Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chore Wars

For those bored out of their skulls with traditional approach to housework there is now a website which your family can use to turn completing household chores into a joint adventure.

Tim and I picked out our characters and set up a
Chore Wars account this morning. I did it more to encourage him because I didn’t think I was the kind of girl to be influenced by such games

....but now I’m finding myself oddly inspired and motivated to clean the bathroom….[30 minutes later]

Latest News from The Household of Schiro...

Tim earned 15XP for taking out the trash.

Tim earned 30XP for washing dishes.

Sarah earned 10XP for making a bed.

Sarah earned 45XP for cleaning the bathroom.

(Beware the drain-monster. He is a worthy foe! Next time I'll win!)


I can't believe we did all these chores in 30 minutes. We usually drag our feet a lot more than this. I find the Chore Wars site is easy to use--a definite resource for families. Kids will be really motivated to face their quests [chores]! Great for the young at heart too-- Tim and I are enjoying doing it as a couple. It’s actually a lot of fun to do chores when you gain XP [experience points] and gold pieces for doing them. Tim wants to “clean the whole house so I can become a level II.”

Let me tell you—I can’t complain about that!

1 comment: